About the Position
Envirochem is currently seeking an Intermediate Environmental Engineer or Geoscientist with 5+ years of experience to immediately join our Earth Sciences Group based in our North Vancouver office. This position will primarily support projects related to Contaminated Site Investigations and Remediation as well as Construction Environmental Management. This is a full-time position. Projects are typically located within the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley with occasional projects in various other parts of BC, and potentially other provinces. This position provides an opportunity to work with a well-established team of professional engineers and scientists with varying levels of experience and to interact with different service groups within Envirochem.
Who We Are Looking For
- Plan, execute, and / or project manage environmental site investigations, remediation programs, and other contaminated sites related projects; deliver high quality work on time and on budget.
- Define scopes of work, prepare cost estimates and proposals, supervise project staff, and be accountable for project performance.
- Understand and interpret provincial / federal regulations and guidance to ensure successful project delivery.
- Prepare, adhere to, and ensure compliance with site specific health and safety plans.
- Coordinate and participate in field activities and provide technical oversight to field staff.
- Interpret data and assimilate the collective contributions of project team members into technical reports and other deliverables for which you will be the signatory.
- Review the collaborative work of junior engineers / scientists and provide feedback / mentorship.
- Provide other miscellaneous technical support to project engineers and scientists.
Minimum Requirements (must have all four requirements to be considered):
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in Environmental, Chemical, Geological, or Civil Engineering or related field of study.
- Registered / licensed as a professional engineer (P.Eng.) or professional geoscientist (P.Geo.) with Engineers and Geoscientists BC (EGBC).
- 5+ years of experience in environmental consulting; preference will be given to those with experience in BC. However, candidates with equivalent experience in other jurisdictions will be considered.
- Valid BC Class 5 driver’s license.
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Demonstrable experience related to project management highly preferred.
- Experience supervising and training junior personnel.
- Knowledge of the BC Environmental Management Act (EMA) and Contaminated Sites Regulation (CSR) and federal environmental regulations, guidelines, and standards related to Contaminated Sites.
- Proven ability in data analysis / interpretation, report writing, verbal communication, and logical / critical thinking skills.
- Willingness to travel to and from sites primarily in the Lower Mainland but often throughout BC and other parts of Canada, when needed.
- Willingness to work overtime, when needed.
- Professional and ethical.
- Optimistic and positive attitude.
- Responsible and hard-working.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Desire to succeed in a dynamic, progressive organization.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Envirochem offers a competitive benefits package, including extended health/dental care, RRSP matching, fitness incentive, and more.
Envirochem currently operates with a hybrid in-office/work-from-home model, which is highly flexible to suit the lifestyle of today’s modern professional.
Additional Information About Envirochem
Our Foundation is Strong. Founded in 1984, Envirochem Services Inc. is a well-established and growing boutique environmental, health, and safety consulting firm located in Lower Lonsdale on the North Shore. Our multidisciplinary team of professional engineers, scientists, and technicians are experienced in providing various environmental, health, and safety services to clients across industrial, commercial, residential, and government sectors in the following key services areas: Contaminated Sites; Air, Energy and Climate Change; Ecology and Biology; Environmental Assessment, Planning and Permitting; Waste, Soil and Hazardous Materials Management; Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Management; and Technologies and Software Engineering.
Our Future is Bright. We believe the future of Envirochem is extremely bright, and we are looking for technically competent practitioners of good character to join our team and face the exciting challenges that lie ahead. Our goal is to provide value-driven solutions to our clients while continually growing and being challenged within a supportive team environment that fosters fulfilling careers for all. We are a company driven by three key values: Customer Service, Professionalism, and Teamwork. We want you to grow and strive to meet your goals, and we want to create a strong support network around you. We have doubled in size the last 5 years; we have strong long-term relationships with our existing clients and are continuing to grow new and exciting relationships with others. These relationships, combined with bright people working in our company, and continually working to develop a reputation as one of the top environmental consulting firms in this province (and beyond) is our formula for a promising future. We truly hope Envirochem is the company you are looking for!
We thank all applicants for their interest in the posted position. However, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.